There is a known issue with the Discord mobile app. Sometimes Discord is stuck on the loading screen. RTC connection issue is a common error on Android and iPhone app
There are various reasons why the Discord app is not working on your phone. We will explore multiple solutions so you can finally use Discord on your smartphone without problems
- How to Fix Discord Mobile App Not Connecting Properly
How to Fix Discord Mobile App Not Connecting Properly
1. Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing you need to do is to check if your smartphone is connected to the Internet.
The Internet connection issue is the main reason Discord gets stuck on the connecting loop.
The fastest way to test your internet connection is by opening Google Chrome and randomly google searching for anything.
If you can use Google, it means the problem is on the Discord app. If you can’t use Google, then the problem lies in your internet connection
If you have an internet connection issue, then follow these solutions:
- Restart your wifi connection by disconnecting from your Wifi network. Wait for a few seconds, then reconnect to your Wifi network
- Toggle on Airplane Mode to restart your wireless and internet connection settings. Wait for a few seconds, then toggle off Airplane Mode and reconnect to your Wifi. Usually, this will solve most kinds of internet problem
- Reboot your modem and wireless router. Wait for a few seconds before turning it on. Rebooting your router will solve the internet connection issue if the problem lies in your router
2. Update Discord App to the Latest Version
Discord will fix bugs and glitches on the latest version update. Keeping Discord to the latest version will make sure you won’t face any connection issue
Follow these steps to update Discord on Android:
- Open the Play Store app.
- Search for Discord
- Click the Update button
- Wait until the update process finished
If you use iPhone, follow these steps to update Discord:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile account at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the pending updates section.
- Tap the Update button next to Discord
After you have finished updating Discord, restart the app and check if the issue persists
3. Restart the Discord App
Before searching for a complicated solution, try to restart the app. Most bugs on Discord are easily fixed by force close and reopening the app.
4. Reinstall the Discord App
If you update your smartphone OS to the latest version of Android or iOS, some apps may experience issues due to the new update. Try to uninstall and reinstall Discord to see if you still face connection issues.
5. Clear Discord App Cache and Data
Cache errors can cause problems with your app. Cache exists to store temporary data that need to be recalled in the future.
If there is corruption on the cache, it will cause issues on the Discord app. Clearing your cache and data will soft reset the app and fix temporary errors on the Discord app
Follow these steps to clear the Discord app cache and data:
1. Open Settings
2. Tap Apps
3. Find and Tap the Discord app
4. Scroll down and tap Storage
5. Tap Clear cache
6. Tap Clear data. There will be a popup, click OK to confirm clearing app data
On the App info screen, tap Storage.
Beware that clearing app data will delete all files and settings saved on the Discord app. After clearing app data, you need to login into your Discord account after opening the app
6. Disable VPN
Using VPN can sometimes clash with your phone apps. Discord is a messaging app with solid security features. If your VPN uses an IP banned by Discord, you can’t use the mobile app.
Try to open Discord without using any VPN connection
7. Use Custom DNS
Custom DNS can fastly improve app load time on your phone. If your ISP block Discord, using Custom DNS can unblock this restriction
To change your DNS to custom DNS, follow these steps:
Tap the “Connections” setting
Scroll down and tap “More connection settings.”
Tap Private DNS
Change from automatic to Private DNS provider hostname: dns.google
Private relay is a feature exclusive to iCloud subscription. It’s similar to Custom DNS, but more private and faster. If you use an iPhone, you must use the Private Relay feature.
On your iPhone, open Settings > Tap your Apple Account > iCloud. Tap Private Relay and toggle on the “Private Relay” option
8. Restart your smartphone
Always try the classic solution to any IT problem, “Have You Tried Turning It Off and On Again?”
Sometimes it will work. Restarting your smartphone will delete all data, including corrupt ones that saved on the RAM
9. Open Discord Web on Your Phone
Disсord Web is the online version of the Discord app. It’s an alternative way of using Discord without installing the app. You can access Discord Web using a web browser on your phone
To access Discord Web, use this link: https://discord.com/app
You will need to manually login to your Discord account and verify that the account belongs to you